How to transfer recorded audio to Linux computer?

Need any help using RememBird, the application or any add-ons?

How to transfer recorded audio to Linux computer?

Postby sonofjon on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Is there any way to upload the original wav files from the RBII to the computer without using the Remembird application?

I use Linux machines (on which the Remembird application doesn't run) and I have little interest in using the database funtionality. I just want to copy the recorded audio from RBII to my hard drive. Is this possible? Even on a Windows machine this option would be quite useful.
sonofjon

Re: How to transfer recorded audio to Linux computer?

Postby cblair on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

Sorry. Because we timestamp every frame and allow for the "always listening" mode, you need the application to unscramble the audio blocks.
Chris B (the inventor)
cblair
Site Admin

Postby sonofjon on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm

OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to find a Windows machine to do my uploads then.

While I don't exactly understand the technical aspects of what you are saying, I wonder why the piece of software that unscrambles the audio blocks couldn't run on the RBII itself? Would that be technically feasible, perhaps for RBIII? :-)
sonofjon

Postby cblair on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Trust me, it's a lot more fun writing java on the PC than C to run in a RememBird that only has 7 LEDs to give you feedback as to what's going on.
Chris B (the inventor)
cblair
Site Admin

Return to Support